Growing veggies = good food, saved money, and healthy habits
Everyone knows that homegrown vegetables taste better than store bought, so why not try to grow your own this year? Edible gardens can help you on your way to a healthy life by encouraging healthy eating. And they’re a great way to get the kids interested in gardening too.
Stop by the veggie section at Sunnyside and you’ll find dozens of different vegetable plants, each variety carefully chosen to perform in our varied Northeast climate. Then head over to our shrub section where you’ll find blueberry and raspberry bushes, rhubarb plants, and fruit trees!
Here’s just a tasting of the veggie plants we carry:
- Tomatoes – Brandywine, Beefsteak, Celebrity, Big Boy, Jet Star, Early Girl, Lemon Boy, Roma, and many more!
- Cherry Tomatoes – Sweet 100s, Red Grape, Sweet Million
- Peppers – Ace, Better Belle, Big Bertha, Jalapeno, Cubanelle, Red Hot, and more!
- Squash – zucchini, summer, winter, pumpkins
- Broccoli, Cauliflower, & Brussel Sprouts
- Dozens of Lettuces
Look for our special Heirloom Tomato area where you’ll find dozens of Heirloom and unusual tomato varieties.
Don’t forget to stop by our Herb Section. You’ll find over 30 different types including a variety of basils, mints, oregano, parsley, and many more!